Application by Friday, 20th of November 2020
At Geoneon, we develop solutions to predict infrastructure failure due to nature by combining remote sensing data with a mix of physical, statistical, and machine learning modeling approaches.
We are looking for a graduate geologist to support our team to provide meaningful advice to our clients, to source and interpret geoscientific datasets, implement models, and develop innovative approaches for working with substantial amounts of geospatial data.
- Source and interpret geoscientific data, including well and geological formation descriptions, seismic, gravity, and magnetic data.
- Combine geological and infrastructure data to answer tough geoscientific questions and solve client problems
- Interact with Geoneon’s team and clients to brainstorm methodologies and present results
- Drafting and reviewing of geological reports
- Client site representation during data acquisition campaigns
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree in a relevant technical area - i.e., geology, geophysics, geography, geotechnical engineering
- Strong generalist geoscientific background
- Experience with sourcing, interpretation, and management of geoscientific datasets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Industry experience in oil & gas, mining, or infrastructure projects
- Experience with modelling of natural hazards
- Experience with data processing workflows
- Experience with satellite imagery
- Experience with scientific programming language (preferably Python)
- Peer-reviewed published journal articles on related topics
- Experience with cloud and/or distributed computing